Sunday, January 2, 2011

The road to disability

About 3 years ago, I started on the journey of trying to get disability for my fibromyalgia, heart condition (POTS), and anxiety. Mom wasn't sure about doing it until we got the diagnosis from Dr. Jaeger about the heart. Then she decided it was time to try for disability. We spent weeks getting all of the paperwork done to send out.
I was sitting in my bed that I shared with my then fiance and filling out a questionnaire when I made a small comment about how he could handle living with someone like me. And that got me dumped. I was dumped because I was sick and he couldn't handle it anymore.

In February, everything comes to the final decision from the judge.

I'm taking in a bunch of paperwork to have the doctors fill out tomorrow. Thanks to Asher, we now have the money to pay for the multiple disability paperwork. It costs around $350 for 1 doctor from Cleveland Clinic. We have 2 (though now it's looking like 3) from there. I'm hoping we can do everything in time and get it to the judge before I go in to talk to them.

I need this. I can't work, and no one would hire me. The pain is too bad, my legs are too weak, my migraines are too unpredictable. And the heart is just as unpredictable and challenging.

I have more to say, more to say to prepare others for the horrible experience. But I'm on my Ambien and getting a little loopy.

I don't know what I'll do if I don't get that disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment