Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dcotor visits

I have to go back to see the pain doctor on the 3rd. I'll see the physical therapist first, then it'll be a 2 hour appointment to go over the disability paperwork.

And apparently I have a very slight case of scoliosis. She asked me if I have always stood the way I do (posture). I said yes, and then she said there was a slight curve that normally shouldn't be there. It's not a huge deal, but it does affect the back a tiny bit. It explains why I have had so much trouble putting myself into the correct standing position. They tried and tried to get me to do it, and I just couldn't seem to get my hips in the right place.

She wants me to try acupuncture. Have any of you guys tried it? I'll be honest, it scares the crap out of me!

She asked me if I could get rid of just one pain, what would it be? Good question! It's hard to chose just one. But I finally decided the back has been the worst. If I could get rid of that pain, I'd be so happy. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. well i am involved with holistic health and its i know accupuncture works very well. A friend of mine used to have really bad migranes and she had it done and her headaches are gone.. I would try it.. everything is scary at first but sometimes you have to try at least once

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of focusing on just one pain. As in so many cases, it's a matter of baby steps. If you're able to eliminate just one, then you can start on the next. Taking things one at a time like that can work wonders!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete