Monday, January 24, 2011

Medco is a Med DON'T

One of the best things about having a blog like this is that I can warn people away from certain doctors, companies, or medicines that might be bad. And as I've said, I'm not censoring myself.

We used to have to use Medco through our insurance company for medicines. It's one of the places where you send in 3 month supply prescriptions and they mail the medicine to you. At the start of this year we were able to change over to using CVS 3 months instead and boy did we all jump at the chance.

I can't tell you how many times Medco screwed me over with my meds. The one thing that pissed me off most was that they never told me at all that Lyrica needed a new paper prescription every 6 months. Maybe I should have known that, but I was still pretty new at this. It wasn't until I went to get it refilled (in time to get it) that I found it gone from my list. Then they didn't get the three different faxes my doctor sent to them. I was freaking out. I couldn't get an appointment in time (the one bad thing about Cleveland Clinic is that it takes forever to get an appointment) and I didn't know what to do. It was finally CVS that saved me. They got the fax from my doctor and filled it for one month.

There are so many times they made me want to pull my hair out waiting for prescriptions I needed; and yes, I did do them in time.

And now it seems like they've messed up, or the doctors messed up, and my family owes them $300 for a prescription we didn't order and we didn't get. One that, according to Daddy, was supposed to be free (new year brought a $250 before we had to pay for any prescriptions).

That prescription place is ridiculous, and if you can manage to avoid them, do!

No comments:

Post a Comment