Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Medicine: Abilify

You know, I really wasn't sure if this was going to be a good addition. They added it because I've been in counseling and seeing a psychiatrist for over 10 years now, and it just seems like we get to a certain point and then I sway on the edge. I've been pleasantly surprised.

I have more energy, I'm doing more things for myself. I'm painting, writing, reading, and so on. I feel so much more productive, despite everything else going on.

The only bad thing is the restlessness. And I definitely can't take it in the evening because it's making my insomnia worse. But I'm willing to work around it if I can keep going at this momentum. I haven't written a poem in 2 years, and I finally did yesterday. This is a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. Glad its working out for you. I have a feeling I am going to end up going off of the abilify again. I wonder if one of the other medicines that are similar to abilify would work for you, but not make you restless.

    ReplyDelete