Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daddy issues

I noticed that my talk about my father brought a lot of people out of the wood works. I guess it makes sense, since most people with chronic pain usually has some issues in their past. Our mental state is very connected to our physical health.

My brother has graciously volunteered to help me talk to my father about these issues. My brother is an amazing man. He has always been there for me when I needed him (other than when we were kids, but that falls under different circumstances. When he moved away, I thought he had abandoned me). Sometimes I can't believe how much he has been stepping up to the plate for me lately. It's nice to know my brother loves me.

And see, that's what I need. I need to know that people love me. I need to know they care. And my father isn't very good at that. I'm the type of person that needs it laid out for me so I can see it, feel it, but he doesn't work that way.

It's a difficult circumstance. It's interesting though to see how many people are rooting for me to try and to just let myself feel at peace with it. It's nice to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment