Friday, February 18, 2011

The Hearing

I was right about being exhausted after the hearing. They had me go through my work history, all of my illnesses and what they do, how it all compounds on each other, and then they had a vocational expert there to testify as to whether a person with my problems could work. I thought for a moment she was saying yes, then realized he hadn't given all of the hypothetical, such as if I ended up having to take a day off a lot and that I couldn't go up and down many stairs or even ramps, and then she said no, there were no jobs for me.

So now we're just waiting for the results. The lawyer said it could take up to 6 to 8 weeks. I'm hoping the judge makes the ruling before that though. I'm back at this sit and wait game and I hate it. My lawyer said he was pleased with the way the hearing went and he would be very surprised if they didn't accept me now. I hope this wait isn't too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment