Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Question time!

I'm still trying to decide whether I want to do just one question a post or a couple. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in.


What forms of alternative medicine have u tried?

 If this includes things like vitamins, then I have tried a few. But I haven't tried anything beyond vitamins. I take things like B12, B-2 (for migraine), CO-Q-10 (for migraine), Vitamin D, Fibercon, and magnesium. Now I take salt pills. One of my pain doctors wants me to try acupuncture, but I'm not entirely sure yet... It kind of freaks me out, and I have to get a specific type of doctor for my insurance to accept it. It can't just be someone who does oriental medicine or my insurance won't pay. But that's really about it.


What do you do to cope with your Pain from a mental stand point?

 I do meditation a lot. I'm actually able to go into a trance form really fast now. It's kind of like there is a switch in my brain that I hit and I go into meditation form. I also try and talk to myself a lot. Like I try to tell myself "you can do this" or "just another hour and we're done with this and it will be okay." And if it's really bad, I try and work on my stories. I can disappear for hours into my stories if I want to. I'll draw a hot bath, and just disappear into my mind.

Chronic pain really does a number to you mentally. There are days I think "I can't do this" or that I'm just going to break.There are days where it just seems like too much and how am I going to live years and years like this when I can't even get through one day? 

I also try to laugh a lot. I watch videos online, I look at cat photos, I watch comedy routines. I can escape in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment