Sunday, October 16, 2011

I see you

I think one of the hardest parts about having chronic problems/illnesses, for me personally, is when people can see it. When other people are able to see something is going on. And that's funny because it can be so frustrating for people to use "but you don't look sick!" against you, but for some reason it really bothers me.

I like to be able to keep people from seeing it. I don't want the people in my everyday life seeing that I'm in pain or that something is wrong. And now multiple people are seeing a change in my responses (the emotional side of it all), and it bothers me.

3 comments:

  1. I see what you mean.Chronic pain means you are always complaining if you want to be upfront about it and come across as a whiner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be yourself. Pain has changed my personality, and I try to fake the old me. If someone asks how I'm feeling, do I answer honestly? It's always the same answer. If they don't ask I find it hurtful that they don't care. Pain really shows who true friends are. Not many. They don't want to deal with that every day when there's a wedding to plan or everyone is headed out to the bar and they have nothing to wear. Why can't that be my biggest worry???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel. It's like you feel you aren't important to them anymore. And they don't want to hear it. I think the friends who do want to know exactly what is going on and what they can do to help are really rare.

      Delete