Friday, October 14, 2011

Even more questions

How have your cats influenced your health? Both the good and bad ways.

 I guess I'll start with the bad. They affect my sleep a lot. Daisy more than Bug and Rhapsody. She's still a kitten so she's getting into everything. She likes to play with things on the bed, make  lots of noise, play with the blinds. Sometimes I try to kick her out of the room, but that doesn't always help because then she'll attack the door. Less sleep equals more pain. 

Cuddling sometimes can have bad reactions too because I'll end up in one position for a long time, and then when I finally get a chance to spread out, it's horrible.

But they also do a lot of good for me. They always seem to know when I'm upset, and they come up for pets and cuddles and love when I am. They help ease my depression, make me realize there are still good things to look forward to. And they give unconditional love. They're also a good distraction technique. I can sit there watching them play with Asher and I forget entirely that I was just in pain, or that I wasn't feeling well.

And they have stopped me from trying to commit suicides many times. I stop and think about them trying to wake me up and it breaks my heart. I can't do that to them.


All in all, the good far outweighs the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment