Monday, December 27, 2010

The use of Christmas money

Normally when I get money for my birthday and Christmas, I go on a huge shopping spree for myself. And that's all well and good when it's just me and we don't have things we are working towards getting.

I feel bad because I can't work. Asher understands my limitations and why I wouldn't be hired. It's been an ongoing battle in my mind trying to come to terms with this fact, but it's hard. I feel like I don't do anything worthwhile sometimes. He's gaining the money and what am I doing? Working on my book. But if I can get published, if I do well, then it makes up for something, right?

I told him last night how I feel bad about the wedding. He's working hard to save up for it, and I don't feel like I'm contributing. But last night I decided I would use at least some of my Christmas money for the wedding. So I got my wedding ring ($150) and the other chalice for him to use when we toast. His Aunt Dolly and his Mamaw told me to get myself something nice when they gave me the money, and I think they'll both be very happy to know it went to my wedding ring.

I'm unsure of what I'm going to do now. I still have money left over, and I could get a little bit more, but I'm not sure. Or it could go to our swords for the ceremony. Or it could go to my artistic endeavors right now. Get some more oil paints for the cat paintings.

Options, options.

2 comments:

  1. what about making things and selling them on ETSY? I read another ladies journal who is a stay at home wife, and has some type of physical disability (not sure what it is) But she can sew. So she sews cat beds, and catnip pillows and sells them. Also, if your good at painting, what about selling some here or there on ebay? Obviously it wouldn't bring in that much income, but maybe it would make you feel more like your contributing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought of it, but the problem is that I wouldn't say I'm all that good at it. When I finish the painting of Bug, which I think will be the one done first, I'll be sure to post a photo. I'm working on some jewelry though too, and maybe if I do well at these Save the Dates, then maybe I can offer some sort of service in creating stationary or something.

    More than anything though, the books are the most important work to me. That's what I want to do. So I'm hoping the books will do well if they get published.

    ReplyDelete