Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Censorship?

I'll probably mention this many times because I have a feeling it's going to end up being a problem for some people, but let me say this now: this is one blog where I am not going to censor myself in.

I think many people who have gone through forms of abuse learns they have to censor what they say and do in order to protect themselves and I'm one who has done it for a long time. I know the people I have to avoid subjects with. I know the people I have to lock out of certain conversations because of how it will end. I've done it for years.

My problem with doing it here is that what has happened to me  in the past, and the thoughts I have now (whether people want to think they are right or not), has a lot to do with my physical health as well as my mental health. And if I censor all of that here, then what truth am I really showing? I'd only be showing one or two sides of the whole story.

You don't want to hear it? Don't read it.

1 comment:

  1. Say whatever you need to Emi, you need to get it all out, and like you said, anyone who does not want to read it, does not have to. Love you,, and I have been catching up on your blog, I will be calling you too, to tell you some tips for your migraines. Not sure if i have told you before, easier to tell then to type it all out :)

    ReplyDelete