Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The joy of kitties

I am a firm believer that pets are good for your health. It wasn't what was in my mind when I got my cats, but they prove it every single day. I could be really, really sick, barely reacting to anything because movement is a bad idea, and I can't help but smile when my cats come over to cuddle with me. They want to make me feel better, I think.

There are days that everything seems so dark and all I want to do is kill myself, and then I look at my cats and I can't do that to them. There are also days where I just lie on my bed and cry, and my cats (especially Rhapsody) will come up and rub against my forehead, try to groom me, anything to cheer me up.

I don't know where I would be without them. Definitely a lot worse off; perhaps even dead. It's hard to tell. But I know that they are part of what makes me wake up every morning. I know they are there to love me, and I love them. And I feel better when they are there.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through the Social Anxiety LJ community and thought I'd stop by and have a read. I can certainly relate to the joys of pets, particularly in relation to illness. I have been diagnosed with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis(ME) aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome(CFS) and have been on sick leave for a large part of the year. I find whenever I am having a 'down' day, all I need to do is give Bessie a cuddle or throw a tennis ball for her and I feel like the most useful, loved person in all the world. I'm glad your cats are one of the things in your life that bring a smile to your face :)

    ReplyDelete