Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Halfway Mark

Now that I'm down to 300mg of Lyrica, which is half of what I have been on for years now, I think it's time to take stock and look at what is happening to my body. I am also completely off the Ativan and the Fludrocortisone (which is a steroid used to keep sodium in the body).

Ativan Effects
-Anxiety much more often and stronger
-Had my first big *panic* attack in a long while (I have plenty of anxiety attacks, but no attacks where I feel like I can't breathe. That has changed.)
-More anxiety attacks from nowhere popping up.

Fludrocortisone Effects:
-More dizziness
-Had a moment where I was having issues with starting to pass out.

And now the big one...

Lyrica Effects:
-Bad nausea in the morning (which is where I've stopped taking the Lyrica completely)
-Neck pain is really bad.
-Having more trouble sleeping (mostly with initially falling asleep).
-More muscle aches all over body. It's really bad when I first wake up.
-Screw body temperature regulation. My body doesn't seem to know what the hell to do with me. Hot, cold, hot, cold, burning, freezing.
-Joints are pretty bad too. Just standing to do makeup was hard on my left knee. :/
-My energy has gone down significantly and it's a chore to get myself moving to do anything, including feeding myself.
-Oh and this damn brain fog. I'll forget what I'm doing within a few minutes and then later realize I didn't even do half of what I need to because I got off track.

Add onto this period cramps, and yeah... I'm just peachy.

At the very least, I guess this did manage to prove I'm not crazy. For a while there I was beginning to get overwhelmed by the constant barrage of how I'll probably feel a lot better being off the meds, and it might not even be symptoms of Fibroymalgia but something much simpler.

So I'm at least a little vindicated.

Though, I will say, I know most of this was said with good intentions and meaning to be supportive and helpful. I just think sometimes people don't really know how to be supportive about it, and they think this is helpful when it usually isn't.

1 comment:

  1. Your fibromyalgia is real. You described what I go through everyday, but right now it's my shoulders that hurt the most! Before I was diagnosed with three diseases, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Interstitial Cystitis and Fibromyalgia, I was told I was a hypochondriac and it was all in my head! My Dr. sent me back saying I have something physical wrong and when I went back to my regular Doctor's, my diagnosis was finally found, but I had less than a month to live! One thing I do know about the Seymour's is we are strong, and handle pain better than most people! That is why we are criticized so much! It's hard for people to understand what we go through on a daily basis! It's beyond what they can comprehend! If they do meet anyone like us, they do understand, but quickly forget. It's a curse and a blessing! You can call me and talk anytime! I'm here for you! <3

    ReplyDelete