Monday, March 3, 2014

Ice and Fire

I've run into a bit of a conundrum. In going off of the Ultram, the cramps in my legs and arms have been horrible. In going off a couple of the things needed to help my migraines, I've been having them almost nonstop. So I of course have to start thinking about what will help.

Ice. Ice is great for the migraines. Not so great for the rest of my body. It makes the cramps worse, and I can't regulate my body temperature very well anymore so my whole body gets cold. My feet and hands are unbearable when I have the ice on my body.

And then there is heat. Heat is great for my body. It eases out the cramps, lets my body relax. Sure I get flushed and then need to rest afterward, and to be careful to not pass out. But it's worth it.

Buuuuut... it's horrible for the migraines.

I now have to plan how I do all of this very carefully, and many times I'm left sitting there thinking about how unfair it is, because really, what other methods have been left to my disposal that I can do for myself?

I guess the question really comes down to which pain can I live with better? I just hate that I have to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment