Thursday, April 25, 2013

I thought we were done with this

I went to the doctor's yesterday in hopes of getting some sort of answer as to why this new kind of sickness is happening. I figured he wouldn't have any immediate answers. And sure enough, he kind of looked at me after I explained everything that has happened the last month and said 2 things:

1. That I need to get in to see my gynecologist (which I knew already).

2. He really wasn't sure what was going on. We just have to test and see what happens!

And I knew it was coming! But still, I'm sitting there like "and here I thought we were done with mystery illnesses!"

I guess not.

So here's the plan: He tests me for Celiac again (while also testing to see if something could have caused a false negative about 5 years ago), and I have to take a pill that reduces the acid in the stomach in hopes of calming down the nausea that way. And get an appointment with my OB/GYN.

And so we come to the difficult part: Do I go to the doctor I've been seeing, who so far, I feel, has steered me down the wrong direction with a lot of things (the IUD was a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life), or do I go back to the doctor who didn't know how to help me with my vaginal pain and have him help me?

I don't know what I should do with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment