Friday, November 9, 2012

To Live

We did poetry therapy yesterday in IOP, and this is what I came up with. I think my grandma was trying to give me a message.

You do not have to be perfect.
You do not have to run your body
so ragged and run down.
Rest my wear child.
Lay your head within my lap
and sleep until the moon is at rest
and the sun calls your name merrily.
You do not have to trudge on.
You do not have to bleed so much
until you are too weary to go on.
Close your eyes to your harsh reality
and feel as soft hands envelope you
in a warm embrace.
You do not have to endure these hardships alone,
hidden from the world.
You do not have to cry so late into the night.
Rest now, for I am here.
I will wrap you up in blankets so soft
and keep watch as you breathe easy,
unharmed, untouched.
You do not have to carry this weight anymore.
You do not have to watch this grey
and dreary world decay before you.
Stop to catch your breath
and I will light the night torch for you,
leading you in to safer pastures.
You do not have to die.
As my light grows dim and extinguishes,
yours will shine brighter.
You have to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment