Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh Ambien, we meeteth again....

So apparently getting off the Ambien is not going to be so easy. See, a few months ago, (about 2 to be exact) I had gotten completely off the Ambien and everything was going great. The Tylenol PM and Melatonin was doing a great job. Then one night it just stopped working. I tried taking more in the early hours of the morning. Nothing. And so I found myself back on the Ambien out of desperation (that day of no sleep was hell).

I was more hopeful this time because rather than just the Tylenol and a natural sleep aid, I had the Elavil, which worked amazingly for me. I fell asleep easily and it was going well. And just like last time, a couple of weeks into it, it just stopped working. That would be on Friday night. When I took a second Elavil and Tylenol PM in the early hours, I finally fell asleep, but I missed one of the games I was supposed to go to.

So Saturday night, I decide to try with 2 Elavil and a normal dose of Tylenol PM. Nothing. I was tired as hell, but there was no chance of going to sleep.

And so I remember that day of not sleeping, and I got desperate, and took the Ambien.

Tomorrow I have to take my mom, early, to her MRI. I can't just not sleep. I can't fiddle with this right now. It's not a good time. So.... I'm back on Ambien until I can talk to a doctor (which the soonest chance I have to do so would be the end of the month.)

I am so fucking pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment