Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dear Father

More poetry from IOP.

And no, I don't want a phone call or an email about this. I just need to get it off my chest, that's all. Just let me do this.



What do you think when you see me?
A failure of what I could never be?
A child needing guidance in the night,
A teenager throwing fire into the fight?
Do you have good memories
Or are they all forced pleasantries?
Do you look at me and see my beauty?
Do you see the scars I keep unseen?
Am I that beautiful little girl?
Have I become that precious pearl?
Am I disfigured freak?
Something you prefer not to seek.
With wings too broken to fly
And no more tears to cry.
Do you ever feel a flash of pride?
Or would you rather I always hide?
Do you stop to wonder if I’m okay
Or just hope I just sit and decay?
Do you stop to think of that child
That grew up fearful and wild?
The tiny seed you once planted
Do you wish it could be recanted?
Do you only see what you wish me to be
Or do you really see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment