Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's amazing what you can forget

Back in junior year of high school, I had my first big episode that sent me to the hospital that we would later realize was part of the Fibromyalgia. What I really remember about the day was that by the time mom called me to see how I was doing (as I had stayed home that day sick from school), I was crying because the pain in my stomach and legs were so bad. Mom rushed me to the hospital because she could tell by looking at me that I was going into shock.

Well, I was opening up my my writing I am doing for this pregnancy and I stumbled upon a writing I did the day after this originally happened and I thought I would share it.

I really don't remember half of this.

"April 23, 2003

Title: I got to see a hospital last night...

I started getting a stomach ache yesterday that was really bad, so Instayed home from school. By about noon, I had started crying because the pain in my stomach was so bad and had traveled to my legs. My mom found me crying in about an hour or so, since I hadn't stopped and rushed me to the hospital.

I had been having heat spells, the pain in the legs, stomach, and chest, my arms were weak, I couldn't walk, I couldn't keep anything in my body. I was also having trouble seeing and my hearing began to start to leave me at the hospital. My mom said that she saw my face get really flushed as I walked through the hospital during tests, and a whelt(sp?) appeared on my head for no reason and went away a few moments later.

She had to get me a wheelchair to get to the room in the hospital. The thing that freaked out my mom the most was the fact that I was going into shock because of the pain. I wouldn't stop shaking and I became very quiet. My mind seemed to go off into another place, almost as if I felt I was dying.

They finally stuck and IV in me, gave me a shot, and got things ready for me to leave. It was a virus, no name since they don't tend to classify viruses much because there are so many types and not much to do with them. But I have to take medicine for the pain, rest a lot, and miss school.

I was so scared, even though it turned out to be not that life threatening. The worse part was the shock, and I didn't even notice it until my mom pointed it out. That and I got really dehydrated, because I only ate breakfast around 6 and then had a glass of water, and that was it. They wouldn't let me eat or drink anything at the hospital because they were afraid that I would throw up if I had to go into surgery. But the IV helped get my body back halfway normal.

I'm feeling better today. My stomach still hurts, and my head is pounding. I still get a few of the heat flashes and my eyesight is horrible, but the Ibuprofen is helping with the pain in the legs, and I'm able to rest and do things, and eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment