Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros and cons

So, as per usual I haven't talked a lot about what is going on right now, so before we go into tomorrow, I just wanted to say thatAsh and I are going to be trying to conceive soon.

Tomorrow we go to Maternal Fetal Medicine at Cleveland Clinic for a pre-conception appointment. Basically what that is is a high risk pregnancy office where they specialize in pregnancies with moms taking certain medications, with certain issues and illnesses, and so on.

The hope is that they will tell us exactly what medications I would have to go off of, what medications we can use in their place, and what we can do to try and make this as good of a pregnancy as possible despite all of my health issues.

It's terrifying, to be honest. I want children, but I also feel that it's possible that this time I just won't have the strength for it. It's very possible we'll go in tomorrow and they will say that they don't think I'll be able to do it. Or a month in to going off the meds, it will be so bad that I won't be able to function or get out of bed.

I don't know yet. But we're taking that first step.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, let me see if I understand this right. You tried to commit suicide not too long ago, you complain about how much pain you're in constantly, you are on more drugs than my 90 year old grandmother, you're constantly tired and have no energy and you want to bring a child into this world that will require 100% attention and energy?!?! Perhaps you should work on getting YOURSELF healthy BEFORE trying to create a child. Ever heard of PPD? What do you think your chances are of having that? Uh huh---pretty damn big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't your place to judge what I choose to do, especially considering you don't live in my body, don't know my thoughts, and don't know the people I have supporting me.

      Delete