Sunday, July 21, 2013

Don't Order the Headstone Yet

I'm sure most people didn't really notice, but a few did: I was offline from Friday evening to Tuesday afternoon. It wasn't because I wanted time away from the internet or because I went on a nice vacation.

Friday night I took 50 Tylenol PM in a suicide attempt.

I am extremely lucky to be alive. We got the ambulance there not long after I did it, and they gave me charcoal to drink. I was in the ICU for about 3 days with IVs and a catheter in. Then I was moved over to the psych ward on Monday and was there until Wednesday (so ~3 days in the ICU, and 3 in the Psych ward.)

I am going to be making a video to answer any questions people may have. I thought that would be better than just typing it up.

So, please put your questions here, or on Facebook or Google+ and I will be making that soon.

I am thankful to still be alive.

10 comments:

  1. That's rough, I hope you have all the support you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do. The support I've gotten for it has been amazing.

      Delete
  2. You are one of the bravest people I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just want to be able to help people.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I noticed you were gone, but with Ash's Birthday and your anniversary, I figured you were busy. I was going to message you. but was waiting until after this weekend. i am in tears, crying hard, glad I am home a lone right now. I love you so much and I am here for you, always am. You do not need to explain anything to me, yes I have questions, You know me and know that i am deeply concerned. I am here if and when you need me, text, call, whatever you need. I have wanted to come and visit, but with not knowing when surgery will be, again, keep putting it off. If you need me, I will find a way to get there. Anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ This. All of it. Except the crying, got that out of the way already. CALL ME WHEN YOU GET LIKE THIS DAMMIT.

      Delete
  4. Emi, You can always talk to me when you need to. I know we have only had a short time to get to know each other as cousins, but I really care about you and am here to support you. You can always talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emi, I don't know you that well, so I'm not sure what all is going on. I know I've lost several people (both parents included) to suicide though and I would NEVER want to see anyone go out like that! I'm looking forward to the video in hopes I can understand more of what was going on (or did you put it up and I missed it?).

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete