Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello 2012!

Saying goodbye to 2011. I will not miss thee. It was a year of a lot of changes; some good, some bad. We saw the end of relationships, and the beginnings of others. We saw people die, and others be born.

For us we watched the end of a mother/son relationship due to the toxic behavior of the mother. And we can only hope to be brave in the months that come, what with the wedding looming and it being unsure of what she plans to do.

My friend Kim died. Nothing can replace what we lost.

I won my disability case. Something we had been fighting for for over a year and half. Though the case is not done yet (we are appealing the case for just how long I've been disabled), it was a great weight lifted off of me.

And we got Daisy, this little silly kitten.

2012 brings a lot of big changes as well. We'll be married in July, and I'll go through all of the paperwork of changing my name.

And I hope to get the first draft of my memoir, Diary of a Pain Patient, finished. That's my biggest goal.

May 2012 bring you all the happiness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment